Saturday, March 22, 2008

"Spend the spark of iron on stone."
This line of Rumi came to mind, soon after I decided to post a word a day at the minimum. It has been a long time since I got fed up and inspired and put the weight of some New Regimen onto my shoulders, taunting my self-acceptance, triggering my well-honed Doubt -- yet, once again, I am excited, relieved, and empowered; rooting for my Ego, flipping the bird to my Superego, and trusting the creative wellspring of my Id.
At at a bare minimum of one word per day, how can i fail? I can easily shave a couple minutes off my shameful daily gorging of internet. The idea originally was a poem a day. This is not the first time i have tried something like this. Since my early twenties I've started journaling several times, only to sputter out, most times not even making it to day 2. I even started this blog a couple years ago, in a similar high of elusive, determined self-help. So i decided to do it on my blog, even if i write it down some days, or if i am away from a computer for a few days -- i'll post the handwrittens the next time i'm at a computer.
The point to not lose sight of is that it is not about the internet, it is not about being read by anyone else. The point is to show up -- to book time to be creative. A word, a phrase, a line, a quatrain, a song, a poem, a short story. Just write something down. Or even draw (and scan it in).
To regularly knock on the door of my psyche.
"This being human is a guest house, every morning a new arrival...Entertain and welcome them all!"
~Rumi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home